IT Focus Area: security
December 5, 2017
Security & The Internet of Things: In IoT We Trust … Right?
When it comes to the Internet of Things (IoT), how trusting are you? If you think about all the ways we trust IoT with our company and personal information, you may realize you trust in IoT a little too much.
Our interactions with IoT are so often focused on automated technology that — by choice or by habit — we often assume we can trust IoT simply because it’s not human. But, the human elements of IoT are critically tied to the successes and failures of the technology. Just as a devices can be programmed to solve challenges and create conveniences, they can also be programmed to hack data and hide security flaws.
Industry expert E.G. Nadhan joined us again on the podcast to discuss the state of IoT security and how companies and consumers can avoid risk.
Listen to this episode to learn about:
- Emerging paradigms in IoT security
- The inherent risks of IoT and how to develop the right level of trust
- The new way companies should calculate their risk
- Recommendations for IoT security strategies
- Real examples of how faulty IoT security has put data at risk