IT Focus Area: security
November 21, 2018
Moving Beyond Passwords with Risk-Based MFA
Last year, the impacts of the WannaCry, NotPetya, and Equifax cyber attacks were closely followed by the stunning disclosure of the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities, increasing the sense of urgency around cybersecurity and driving spending higher than ever before.
Despite increased spending on security products and services, the number of data breaches continues to rise. Funding doesn’t guarantee successful security. Organizations often waste valuable resources on practices that fail to protect against evolving threats, and continue to prop up password security.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- Why the latest version of the CIS Controls has removed all references to passwords
- How multi-factor authentication (MFA) can make access hard for hackers, but easy for users
- The advantage of risk-based authentication mechanisms
- How to identify the authentication solution that is best for your organization
- Best practices for avoiding MFA implementation pitfalls