IT Focus Area: security
November 28, 2018
How to Protect Your Web Applications
Web applications are under siege as hackers work around the clock to identify weak spots and steal data. Last year’s Equifax data breach put a spotlight on web-application vulnerabilities, which can be used to target any organization with an internet presence.
Cyber attackers have embraced the use of automation to scan applications for vulnerabilities. Protecting against application-layer techniques such as SQL injection (SQLi), cross-site scripting (XSS), cross-site request forgery (CSRF) and distributed denial of service (DDoS) is imperative, but automated attacks can overwhelm existing security solutions.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- How to maintain awareness of evolving web application issues and trends
- Tips for advancing patch management and vulnerability assessment processes
- Solutions that leverage DDoS defenses, bot mitigation, artificial intelligence (AI) and API endpoint protection to combat automated attacks
- Techniques for protecting apps in multi-cloud infrastructures
- Best practices for ensuring security checks and controls are applied automatically and transparently throughout the software development lifecycle.