IT Focus Area: managed services
September 14, 2017
Get to know the benefits of Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
SIEM technology has been around for years and continues to enjoy broad market adoption. Companies continue to rely on SIEM capabilities to handle proactive security monitoring, detection and response, and regulatory compliance. However, with today’s staggering volume of cyber-security threats and the number of security devices, network infrastructures and system logs, IT security staff can become quickly overwhelmed.
Gartner projects that by 2020:
- 50% of new SIEM implementations will be delivered via SIEM as a service.
- 60% of all advanced security analytics will be delivered from the cloud as part of SIEM-as-a-service offerings.
During this session, you will:
- Hear how companies are using SIEM technology in 2017 to improve security and increase compliance
- Learn how IBM’s QRadar technology consolidates log events and network flow data from thousands of devices, endpoints and applications distributed throughout a network.
- Get insights on how companies are leveraging managed services and fully hosted “as-a-service” models.
Check out the slides from the webinar,
or listen to the on-demand recording below.