Every Healthcare organization works diligently to protect the information of patients, members, employees, customers, and caregivers. The amount of information collected and stored in the Healthcare world is staggering and requires careful attention. However, many business leaders are confused and frustrated by the Security friction, the myriad of Cyber tools, the overhead and increased complexity added to business processes, and the costs of these cyber security programs. There is confusion about:
- What is an appropriate Cyber spend?
- Are we legally and regulatorily compliant?
- What Cyber tools and services are REALLY necessary?
- And what level of Cyber risk tolerance will enable business growth, transformation and success, while protecting data and the busines infrastructure?
Add to those questions the regulatory issues for Healthcare including:
- The HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- FDA Guidance on Medical Devices
- The Model Audit Accounting Rule for Health Insurance
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Privacy and Security Compliance
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) auditing
- Financial controls based on Sarbanes Oxley
- Payment Card Industry compliance and attestation
- Protecting Personally Identifiable Information based on State laws.
Many executives do not understand Cyber and feel a need to be more engaged with Cyber security. Still, some leaders feel frustrated that Cyber is dictating unreasonable and unnecessary technical controls that are crippling business innovation and growth and the ability to embrace consumer-first business models in this evolving healthcare landscape while grabbling with budget cuts.
How can healthcare organizations find a balance between adopting transformation and modernization, maintaining the highest security and lowering costs? Watch this HealthIMPACT panel talk as security expert Karl West and other IT leaders discuss how to balance transformation, growth and security risk in healthcare.
More Info Provided By
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. is a leading provider of cybersecurity solutions to governments and corporate enterprises globally. Its solutions protect clients from fifth generation cyberattacks with an industry leading catch rate of malware, ransomware and other types of attacks. Together, Sirius and Check Point deliver innovative information security technology solutions needed right now.